Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jazz...So Damn Cool

What the hell is it about this style of music that drives me crazy. It makes me heal, feel all around better. I just dont understand it, and perhaps I never will. All I know is that it moves me, and at times, tears me to shreds. There's such complexity in Jazz, and I capitalize it damnit because it deserves to be capitalized. It's almost undescribable. It feeds the soul, heals the spirit. I remember driving to college in my early years and listening to a now extinct Jazz station. Made me feel invincible.

Jazz, even the name is cool, never mind Coltrane or Davis or Monk or Evans. Those guys served one master, and that master was Jazz. Cool and effervsecent. Lifeblood. Takes you away from this world, and drops you in a smoky lounge, with dim lighting and plush booths. All of a sudden martinis are being served, and you are tapping your feet; feeling it. So damn smooth...good God. You wonder if this music was actually composed in heaven. Perhaps God after all is a Jazz fan through and through.

It lingers...like a kiss. Its lips wrapping around yours like a Christmas gift...just because it's Jazz. Heaven's very own soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. I love jazz to...but you already know that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric in the evening. 8-midnight M-Thurs. 89.7 FM. Love it! http://www.wgbh.org/programs/programdetail.cfm?programid=287

    ReplyDelete