Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year of Embrace

A new year. Like a breath of fresh air. It does wonders for the soul, the change. It excites us and induces fits of hyperactivity in everything plan or goal oriented. Travel to x, lose x pounds, register to x school, look for x job, pay x bills, buy x, do x…

All of the above are in essence, tangible things that can be accomplished to appease certain elements in life. Health, financial stability, change of scenery, career move and so on...
But what about for ourselves, where do we draw the line in the sand and start looking inward? Last year around this time, I made a list of things I wanted to change, not resolutions, but rather internal changes. Be more patient, think more positive, visualize good things in life; like brain surgery without the instruments. You practice it long enough, and you start manifesting these thoughts.

I dub this year the Year of Embrace. What do I mean by that? Well, life throws us curve balls from time to time; cannonballs are shot at us and we dodge and weave trying to make sense of all the turmoil, when in fact... it’s all mostly quite natural. Feelings about people, about life, about situations. Rather than push these away, I seek to embrace these feelings, to learn from them, to relish the experience.

So it begins, a new year full of possibilities; strange and unusual circumstances, which at first may seem wrong, or out of place. Take time to explore these…and you may be surprised by what you discover and learn, about yourself. Embrace!

3 comments:

  1. Something we can all relate to... As always, an eloquent thought for the day. Yes, embrace! But also resolve to write more often... ;) Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to embrace somethings myself. Like the fact that I will have to wake up every weekday at 6am for work, instead of 7:30 as I did a few months ago, and...that I will never be content with just one color hair, and.... that coquito is mad fatten.....making me gain 5lbs every Christmas season. Just a few of the things I am now learning to embrace;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I shall focus much more on writing this year, substance will always beat quantity. At least, that's how I see it.

    I hear ya about 6am. So rough... I'm thinking of highlights (lol).

    ReplyDelete