Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Second Happiest Day of My Life

There is the Wedding Day, the day the Sox won it all in 2004 and subsequently in 2007, the day I bought my house, the day Shirley baked that chicken, and so on... but those days will forever pale in comparison to today. It's no secret, that I've wanted a baby girl for a long time.... with two boys in tow, it was the logical next step.

As I sat in the ultrasound tech's office and watched the screen attentively, all kinds of emotions ran through me. My first thought was, let the baby be healthy. All vital signs were good, strong heartbeat, the works. Over and over I thought to myself, life's about to entirely change... I must admit, I had an idea, given how this pregnancy has differed in sooo many ways to the other two. Our eyes are darting through the screen, searching, for signs of sex, anything.... while images materialized and we speculated internally, the tech is the expert in the room. Then, out of thin air, she types on the screen... "L I T T L E G I R L"... My heart dropped...

I can barely describe the emotion itself. My eyes watered, my blood pressure certainly shot up, the room vibrated around me. Almost too much to bear. Overwhelming joy and excitement. Feeling blessed beyond belief... I am going to have a daughter. L I T T L E G I R L. It will forever be tattooed in my heart.

On to June and the inevitable arrival of said little girl... what should her name be...? Ah, I know... :)

6 comments:

  1. Im Soo excited, cant wait to meet her! shes will be our princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you guys!!!! I loved you then and I love you even more now... Thank you for sharing this beautiful and exciting times with us. BTW I am so happy for you and your beautiful family :-)

    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetest blog for sure. I can only imagine what you are feeling, and it is great! Hopefully Jason and I will be just as blessed someday with a little girl as you and Meli have been. Love you guys always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again! A sweet blog about your sweet princess to be... I'm a little jealous. :) I'd probably wind up with a whole baseball team of boys! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Congratulations to you and your family! And you are right about one thing; your life is entirely about to change! Little girls are precious!

    ReplyDelete