Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Quick Morning Thoughts


Illusions                                                                                                                                                              
At some point, the shadows receded and revealed a poignant figure in their mist. Inevitably, one must ask, why does the mist linger? Why does it disguise our fears inadvertently? In disgust, we made our final descent towards the mist and the gaping abyss it represented. Were we to live, we would always look back at this moment, as the moment which bested us - the moment which obliterated our dreams and aspirations. A somber reminder of oppression and despair fully committed to the shattering of our salvation.

From Within
A final look provides solidarity, perspective and affirmation that today’s intricacies are all intertwined. Identities seem scattered, grasping hopelessly for relevance and a renewed sense of self-worth. Increasingly, hostile attempts at combining efforts are proving to be futile in nature and in their inception. To what end do we allow floating memories to simply collide? Is there an ending to collusion or are we merely fighting an uphill battle? Certainly best efforts are being made to protect and shield the successors from the malcontents. Still, the failures attributed to this dilemma are endemic and frightening.

The Nightmare                                                                                                                               
I did not know what time it was. All I knew was that the windowless room presented minimal opportunities for escape. For once I was at a loss for words. I questioned my hearing at first until I pounded on the wall and was able to distinctly hear the hollowness of the wall. I yelled, yet no words were audible. Frustrated, I pounded on the wall some more, angry and helpless, until I felt the wall give a little. Perhaps my instincts were kicking in. All I knew was that I did not belong in that room. I continued to pound and kick the wall, until I felt air rushing in. As I continued to make my way through, it became apparent that I had entered another windowless room. I cursed and was able to hear myself finally. Then the room went dark, and I could no longer see.

No comments:

Post a Comment