Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Grape Crushing in the New World

Some kind of world we live in eh? We live our lives and don't stop to blink; to embrace the air and make it our own. Sadness creeps in and removes your soul and you surrender, to the emptiness, without flinching. What will it take to awaken the soul and resurrect the passion? What grandiose plans await us who stand by, idle, waiting for the tide to come in? Inevitably, it comes for us all; that tidal wave of emotion and restriction - that God-awful restrain that harps on the negativity and salivates at our despair. Maybe we sit back and clap once in a while, to our own demise, to our own retreat. Well fuck that.

In plain English, it takes balls, to stand up and do what we do. These times are the real-deal, and there is no fucking around that won't go unnoticed or unpunished. Whether it is at work, or in a relationship, the guys in the black suits await. One step in the wrong direction, one wink, one whisper, and you are but a flash in the pan, nothing more; a cockroach waiting to get squashed by the size 22 boot of life. And you want to know why this is the current state of affairs? Because we let it be so. We forgot we had balls, and stored them in our asshole, out of sight, out of mind. No wonder we walk funny.

The spirit of relentlessness and adventure await us all, and it is in out best interest to take a sword in one hand and a cigar on the other and march forward. Live how you want to live, shit with all of these diseases going around, natural disasters and wars, might as well strike while the iron is hot. I take it my view is an anti-fatalistic one, but it is what it is. Look, we don't have the luxury of sitting around with our thumbs up our asses, waiting for the race to end. So it rains every weekend and the wine store across the street is closed. Find your way around it; make your own fucking wine, crush your own fucking grapes. Gravitate towards constructive thoughts and listen to good vibes. These will heal your soul and help get your ass off the chair.

While I write that last sentence, I realize that my ass is on a chair; a very small chair which is quote uncomfortable. And I realize two things - I'm out of wine and I need a real chair. The buzz is gone and my ass is incredibly sore. At least Bill Evans continues to play in the background, and I find myself smiling at 2:36am on this 29th of August, 2009. Good vibes my friends, good vibes.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one...makes me think about complacency. I especially liked the part about having balls stuck up the ass and walking funny...lmao!

    ReplyDelete