Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Color Green

I have realized that I enjoy beer in green colored bottles. I feel like I'm drinking something special and distinct. It reminds me of absinthe and emeralds and Miles Davis. Green fascinates me. It is my favorite color because it oozes serenity and vigor; clarity in nature. The Green Lantern comes to mind and so does Kermit the Frog. That old green-hornet looking automobile I see in the mornings on my way to work with the for sale sign; it reminds me of it as well. Rain forests and grass fields as far as the eye can see. It works wonders and allows me to engage my senses; to make certain feelings tangible. I recall The Matrix and its green motif - it's in almost every scene, inescapable. Green, lush, intense, serene, tangible, engaging. The green bottle allowing its contents to take on magical properties, as it rushes down my throat. The alcohol in the bloodstream making me smile, as I think of the color green. Emerald green, luscious green. The night is at its end, yet green persists, in dreams and sensations.

No comments:

Post a Comment