Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Wine

I don't know if it's that Christmas and New Year's are around the corner or not, but I have certainly run into the proverbial wall. Officially running on fumes at work. Luckily, I am on vacation next week, where I intend to just unwind and relax and enjoy the day as it comes. It's almost as if the body/mind are aware that the year is about to end and are gearing up for that final uphill run before passing out into rehabilitation.

It's been a heck of a year for me personally, from my daughter Miranda being born, to the fantastic family vacation to the Cape, to my folks moving back home. Personally, it has been very fulfilling. I've gotten closer to some of my older friends whom I dearly love and have made new ones in the process. At the beginning of the year I referred to 2011 as the Year of Embrace, and that it has certainly become - a year of embracing friends and family and coming to terms with internal turmoil and fears. A year of really focusing on the needs of others versus mine - finding long lost family members whom I hold very dear.

As for 2012, well, I guess I haven't thought that far off yet. I know there are upcoming vacations to places like the Caribbean and perhaps some other unexplored venue. More to come on 2012. For now, I countdown the days left before Christmas vacation; two more days and I'm home free until 1 flips into 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment