Monday, June 27, 2011

Event Horizon

I didn’t want to leave this morning. You looked at me with beguiling eyes and I felt your gravitational pull - as if I’d crossed what is known in cosmic-speak as the “event horizon”. Yet, I had to – duty calls and one must be responsible in an irresponsible world. Someday you’ll learn about responsibility and sacrifice – virtues bestowed upon the masses, yet few are they who hone those qualities and “sharpen their knives”.

It has certainly been a whirlwind as of late. Days blur one into the other. Sleep is a privilege. Dare I say, it has been some of the most interesting weeks of my life. Between you and me, someday we’ll look back and laugh. Perhaps we’ll chat over coffee at a small hamlet in South America. Maybe you’ll be there when I finally gaze at the Eiffel in Paris and reminisce about what could have been.

We’ve gotten to know one another fairly well I suspect, yet there’s so much more to talk about – so much more to share. In the end, it is all about sharing experiences – a sip of coffee, a jazz performance, a crisp morning in the fall here in New England, and so on.

Well, what can I say; I’ve fallen for you in ways I could not imagine. And while you lay there watching me leave to unknown destinations, I long to stay and conversate - I long to spend more time and watch you watching me. I love you Miranda.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been wondering if she was here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Miranda will love to read this herself some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda's a lucky little girl to have a daddy who cares about her so much and isn't shy about advertising that love...congratulations again Irving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me hiciste llorar. Eres un gran padre, esposo, hijo, primo, de todo jejeje. A Miranda le va a encantar leer esto en un futuro. Te quiero mucho hermano del alma ;)

    ReplyDelete