Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lunacy Sets In...

As I review the amount of strange and unusual words I've collected as I read the Wake, I've come to one clear conclusion. I am a lunatic. I mean after all, taking on this task of attempting to decipher this book, is the equivalent of walking on broken glass. Endless scribblings and words that seem to not make sense..yet somehow they kind of do. There is no concise story at this point. No real plot or characters. Simply, Joyce's words are the main characters. That's it. I've accepted this as fact at this point, yet feel compelled to push forward. I must be a masochist. Most people would have given up by now I suppose. After all, the book defies all known structure or discipline.

It may explain those strange dreams I've been having. Hmmmm... ok back to the Wake.

2 comments:

  1. Oh let's see.. trolls, ships at sea, medieval battles..castles..the works.

    ReplyDelete